On original site
Inscribed on a plaque
- First World War (1914-1918)
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
Fairfield War Memorial Cross was unveiled by General Sir Percy Radcliffe and
dedicated by Rev. Canon Cronshaw on Sunday 4th May 1924. As well as the names of the fallen from both World Wars, another inscription reads:- "To the Glory of God and in Memory of the Men of Fairfield who gave their lives for God, King and Country in the Great War 1914-1919 + Lest We Forget". Like many memorials of this time, the ending date is given as 1919 rather than 1918.
The memorial is located outside the village hall. According to the United Kingdom National Inventory of War Memorials, the memorial was designed by the Bromsgrove Guild, who were well-known in the arts & craft world. They existed from 1898 to 1966.
Edit memorial details