Inside a building - public/private
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The Scottish War Memorials Project
"The War Memorial from Cowcaddens Church was made of carved marble and removed when the building was closed for congregational use in 1977. The Memorial was placed in storage in the crypt of Renfield – St. Stephen’s Parish Church, along with other Memorials, as there was insufficient space to display all the War Memorials in the church that were in the possession of the united congregation.
Some of the Memorials in storage were damaged on 26th December, 1998 when the church steeple collapsed during a hurricane storm. The crypt was very badly damaged. The Memorials made of metal, although scratched, were eventually recovered from the rubble. Unfortunately, because the Memorial from Cowcaddens Church was made of marble it was shattered and destroyed and never recovered. As far as can be established, no record exists of the Names on this Memorial, who are now known only to God."
Edit memorial details