Standish Hospital


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO256528

Address:

Standish Hospital (demolished)

Standish

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: Lost/missing
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Metal Metal (any)
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: A metal plaque with dedication in raised, capitalised lettering.
Edit memorial details

The Gloucestershire Branch of The British Red Cross Society, with the active assistance of The Order of St John, and the generosity of the public, was enabled during the Great War to provide, equip and man in Gloucestershire, twenty-one hospitals averaging 112 beds, in which 36,873 sick and wounded soldiers were treated. As a permanent memorial of this work, the Gloucestershire Branch of the society, together with the Joint Council of The British Red Cross Society and The Order of St John, gave a sum of money to the County and City of Gloucester towards the provision of this house and grounds, to be used as a Sanatorium for the treatment of Tuberculosis in which ex-servicemen are to have priority. The Institution was opened by Her Grace the Duchess of Beaufort in the 6th July 1922.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required