County School Memorial Tablet


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO258798

Address:

Llandrindod High School

2001 Dyffryn Road

Llandrindod Wells

LD1 6AP

Wales

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Stone Marble
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: At Llandrindod High School there are several war memorials which were originally at the County School. Opened in January 1897, the County School was the first secondary school in this area of Radnorshire. It stood in Alexandra Road and was later renamed as a grammar school. Its war memorials were transferred to the High School in 1985. Plaques in the entrance hall commemorate County School pupils who died in the First and Second World Wars. The main war memorial on the premises is a cenotaph, on which are inscribed the names of pupils who died in both wars.
Edit memorial details

IN MEMORY OF THOSE OLD/ PUPILS WHO FELL IN TWO/ WORLD WARS/ 1914 - 1918 & 1939 - 1945/ PRO DEO ET PATRIA

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required