Chapel of the resurrection

Submit a new image

Reference WMO259258

Address:

St Mary's Church

Church Street

Market Drayton

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Other church fitting
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: to the right of the nave is a chapel rededicated to the fallen. There is an ornate altar piece and carving but it is not clear whether this was the original chapel. A chair, plaque and various kneelers are all additions as memorials together with the WW! and WW11 brass plaques with regimental colours WW1 & 11 brass plaque has separate entry 259260
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

• Unveiled Date: September 1921 Attended by: BRIG GEN G R P WINSER CMG DSO • Dedicated Date: September 1921 Attended by: Archdeacon of Salop CHAPEL WITH CARVED ALTAR AND REREDOS. NOWY HEADED BRASS PLAQUE INSCRIBED WITH THE NAMES OF THE FALLEN FACES THE SOUTH DOOR IN NOWY HEAD IS A CROSS AND SCROLL ENCOMPASSED BY A WREATH To the glory of God/and in imperishable memory of the brave men/who gave their lives for their country and their/ homes, this chapel of the resurrection is dedicated "GRANT THEM, O LORD, ETERNAL REST AND/ LET LIGHT PERPETUAL SHINE UPON THEM"

names are listed on the plaques and under a separate entry

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required