Pediment memorial to the servicemen of WW1 on the original Comrades Club

Submit a new image

Reference WMO259951

Address:

Plumpton Village Hall

1 Westgate

Plumpton Green

Lewes

Lewes

BN7 3BQ

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Non freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Lettering: Painted
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Pediment Memorial created by local builders for the opening of the Old Comrades Club in December 1920. The Pediment was hand made (believed to be from Plaster of Paris) and is painted to show two comrades in arms with the inscription Unity and Harmony. The Old Comrades Club later became the British Legion Club and following its demolition, the Pediment was moved to the external wall of the new Plumpton Village Hall at 1 Westgate. Photo provided by Richard Wells September 2018 from his family archives as Wells were the builders who created the Pediment.
Edit memorial details

Unity and Harmony reflecting the peacetime thanks and support to those who served in World War 1, back in 1920.

The oak roll of honour, seen in the December 1920 photo, records the names of those who lost their lives in the First World War is now sited on the wall of the Committee Room in the new Village Hall.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required