On original site
Inside a building - public/private
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Proposed to erect an Oak Panelled Reredos and a communion rail to match at the east end of the Chancel of the parish church of Ashby-cum-Fenby at a cost of £55. This wooden screen measures 4920 mm wide, 1980mm high and is 75mm in depth. It is decorated with symbols for the communion, with a chalice and wafer tray, and there is even a year plaque of 1923 AD indicating the year it was put in place within the church. It was erected in 1923 by the Rev. H.S. Vlasko Turner, Rector of Ashby from 1893 to 1925.
Edit memorial details