Bardney - WW1

Submit a new image

Reference WMO260179

Address:

St. Lawrence

Church Lane

Bardnwy

LN3 5TZ

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Stained glass window
Materials:
  • Glass Stained Glass
  • Timber Oak
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: On Thursday 20th May 1920 the memorial to the fallen of the Great War in the Lady Chapel at the east end of the north aisle was unveiled and dedicated by the Vicar of Bardney. Designed by Mr W. Tapper FRIBA of London, built by Mr. F. Eden M.A. of London and cost £192 10s. The memorial is a three light stained glass window, The centre panel shows the crucifixion with St Michael on the left and St George to the right with the text "This is the victory that overcometh the world" On the still of the window is 1950mm long inclined oak panel with the following inscription painted in gilt
Edit memorial details

"To the Glory of God and in affectionate remembrance of the following who lost their lives during the Great War. 1914 – 1919. This widow was erected by Parishioners and friends" followed by eight columns of four names

ALLEN,S. BOYES,E. COUNCELL,R. GARRILL,H. AMOS,H. BUSHLEY,F. CROWDER,F. HAZZARD,W. ANGUS,J. CHAPMAN,A. DIXON,A. HEMINGWAY,G. BOOTH,G. COCKETT,J. ELLIS,J. LONGMATE,A.E. MADDISON,J.R. PARKER,E. SHARPE,J.S. TETHER,W. MORLEY,J. POLLINGTON,C. SMITH,G.W. TODD,F. NORTH,A. POLLINGTON,R.J. SMITHSON,T. TODD,G. OVERTON,T. RAWSON,W. STONES,C. TODD,J.E.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required