Free Church of Scotland College WW1 Memorial

Submit a new image

Reference WMO260436

Address:

Edinburgh Theological Seminary

North Bank Street

Edinburgh

EH1 2LS

Scotland

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Lettering: Incised
About the memorial: Brass tablet located in Chalmers Hall (fourth floor). The IWM Register found contemporary newspaper report of unveiling in the Dundee Evening Telegraph of 21 October 1920. . The Free Church College is now known as the Theological Seminary. See the plaque and the IWM record for the names which have been incorrectly and incompletely below
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update

View more details
Report this comment

THIS TABLET IS ERECTED/TO THE MEMBERS OF THE/STUDENTS OF THE FREE./CHURCH OF SCOTLAND/WHO ANSWERED THEIR KING'S CALL AND GAVE/THEIR LIVES IN THE/GREAT WAR/1914-1918/[names]/"THEY WERE A WALL UNTO/US BOTH BY NIGHT AND/DAY"++ (1 Samuel. XXV, 10)

Capt James Orr Lieut John Munro 2 Lieut James McIver 2 Lieut Donald Maclean CorporaL John Gunn Private Donald Macpherson Private Matthew Waite Private John Macdonald Gunner Norman Maclean Gunner Finlay Montgomery John Smith

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required