On original site
- First World War (1914-1918)
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
On Saturday afternoon the Lych Gate which is to be Carlton’s War Memorial was dedicated by the Vicar of Beckingham, [Rev. Hibbert] and a tablet upon it, was unveiled by Major Harrison, R.E. [of Stockton upon Tees].
The Vicar of Bassingham (Rev. Dolphin) conducted the very impressive service, which was largely attended. The lesson was read by the Rev. Johnson, Wesleyan minister.
[ Lych gate built of old English Oak at a cost of £174 by Messrs J & T. Pask of Stapleford]
Sleaford Journal and [Lincolnshire Chronicle] dated Saturday October 27th 1920.
Edit memorial details