On original site
Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Afterwards the Bishop dedicated a stone cross near the churchyard gate, built on a prehistoric foundation of stone. The cross bears the figure of Christ, and resembles in style the cross at Somersby, the top portion being the work of Mr. Tuttell, of Lincoln.
The tablet in the church is of Oak and Alabaster, and Jacobean in design. The names of the fallen appear on two alabaster panels between beautifully carved pillars of oak; an oblong piece of alabaster across the top bears the words “This churchyard cross was restored in 1919 in grateful memory of the under mentioned, who fell in the great war, and is a thanksgiving on behalf of the survivors”, whilst on a strip of alabaster at the foot are the words “Their names liveth for evermore
Edit memorial details