On original site
Inside a building - public/private
- First World War (1914-1918)
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
A series of white vitreous enamel panels, with a black border, cascading in a vertical column on the station wall. A oval, metal block shows dedication & years in raised gold lettering.
Each panel shows the name of a trade associated with the station in its original spoken form language (eg "Meat Pitcher").
IWM Register - "A memorial wall with a serious of vitreous enamel plaques giving the job titles of the men and women who worked at the station during both world wars, and did their part towards the war effort. This is the final fruition of stalled plans since 1921 to erect a memorial at the station- which never happened due to a lack of funding. Vitreous enamel was chosen as that material was historically used for signage by railway companies."
Edit memorial details