On original site
Attached to a building/structure
Stained glass window
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
After the Second World War a window was placed in the church in memory of the fallen from the church. The window is still in situ and there is a plaque to it inside the school room.[now the church]
During the Second World War, the windows at the front of the church were painted black as part of the “black out” regulations for Air Raid Protection. The church was used to perform concerts in during the war. After the war, a local builder, Mr. George Wood paid for the installation of the new windows, which were then dedicated as a memorial for the Second World War.
Edit memorial details