Billingborough - Ex W esleyan Chapel

Submit a new image

Reference WMO261300

Address:

The Village Hall

4, Chapel Street

Billingborough, Lincolnshire

NG34 0QH

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Glass Stained Glass
  • Metal Brass
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: To augment a fund for providing a stained glass widow and tablet in the Wesleyan Chapel to the memory of the brave boys who fell in the war, a highly successful entertainment was give in the Public Hall on Tuesday evening week. It was a complete success over £30 being raised. Grantham Journal, 13th March 1920. A further tribute has been paid to the memory of the men of Billingborough who fell in the war, by the filling in of the central light in the east window of the Wesleyan Chapel with stained glass, the subject being “The Crucifixion” underneath the window are three brass tablets bearing the names of 23 men who made the supreme sacrifice. Sleaford Journal Saturday August 14th 1920 The chapel is no longer in being, the brass tablets have been erected inside the Village Hall, the stained glass window whereabouts is at present unknown information being received that it was sold at auction for private purposes Rex Johnson
Edit memorial details

see photos

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required