About the memorial:
A memorial tablet at South Woodford Congregational Church, South Woodford, was unveiled on the 15th August 1919 to commemorate eight of the congregation who died in the First World War.
South Woodford Congregational Church was demolished in the early 1980s to make way for shops (in 2015 it was an M&S Food store). The tablet was thought to have been lost, presumably destroyed, around this time. Fortunately, an article published in the Woodford Times in 1919 marked the unveiling of the tablet and published the names of those who were commemorated.
Edit memorial details