Holy Trinity Church Bells

Submit a new image

Reference WMO261723

Address:

Trinity Road

Drybrook, Gloucestershire

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Bells
Materials:
  • Metal Iron
  • Timber Timber (any)
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: This war memorial is a peal of tubular bells located in the clocktower of Holy Trinity Church, Drybrook, Gloucestershire. The bells were dedicated in 1919 by the Bishop of Gloucester Rt. Rev. Dr. Gibson and remember 47 fallen men from the parish. Before this date the tower had only two bells but the war memorial now makes it eight. The main problem with the bells by 2008 was that the timber and metal framework on which they were hung had become very rusty. War Memorials Trust gave a grant of £2,500 to replace the rusty sections with stainless steel and replace some of the timber. The bells were also rotated so that the clapper would hit a different side and they would wear more evenly. Unfortunately there are not very many skilled craftsmen left who understand how to conserve such material and therefore it was an expensive project.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update

View more details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required