Willoughby Parishioners

Submit a new image

Reference WMO262255

Address:

St Helena's Church

Church Street

Willoughby

Alford

LN13 9SX

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Stone Sandstone
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Stone tablet beautifully carved, the work of Mr. Browning of Spilsby. Originally on the south wall of the Wesleyan Church, Willoughby. The ceremony of unveiling was performed by Mr. B. Simons, J.P., and the dedication by Rev P. E. Farrar, who gave a short oration and solemnly read out the names of the eight who have fallen and also the twenty-five who have served. On Easter Sunday 1920 The church was sold c1999, and the memorial removed and stored by a local solicitor and Willoughby resident, Richard Quantrell Memorial erected to the left of the window, on the same wall as the remainder of the War memorials and re-dedicated Sunday March 2nd 2008
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update

View more details

: “To the Glory of God and in loving memory of those who gave their lives in the Great European War, 1914 to 1918. And in honour of those who served. Erected by the members of this congregation.”

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required