On original site
Attached to a building/structure
Inscribed on a plaque
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
At the April Meeting of All Saints Church Parochial Council in 1921, the question of a church memorial for the fallen soldiers was discussed, then, adjourned to obtain expert advice. In September of that year the Rector, Rev. William Horn, announced that preliminary steps had been taken regarding the memorial and a brass memorial however was purchased some time after.
In 1930, the Rector wished to see the War Memorial moved to a better position and also wished to provide a memorial for the then late Rector, William Horn
In the South Aisle of the church, within the Lady Chapel is a brass plate, which was placed there in 1931, having been moved from its original place. The brass plate is a memorial plaque in memory of the men of the parish who fell in World War 1.
The brass plate is affixed to a pillar that supports the wall of the Nave, and is to the left of the Chapel’s altar.
The script on the memorial is in the style of Old English, in that the letter “S” is replaced by the letter ”f”.
Edit memorial details