On original site
Attached to a building/structure
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The War Memorial, which takes the form of a slab of white Carrara marble, with the names of the gallant lads who have served their country inscribed on it. has been erected in the porch of the parish church.
The face of the stone is divided into two columns, the one containing the names of those who have fallen in the service of King and Country, the other side devoted to the names of those who have happily reached home again.
The work has been carried out by Mr R Scupham of Market Rasen, The total cost of the memorial was under £50. It is interesting to note that this small village has a population of something under 100, and therefore make it numbered among the most patriotic villages in Lincolnshire.
Lincolnshire Chronicle, dated 29th November 1919
Unveiled and dedicated by the Rector, the Rev. J.E. Christie on 14th November 1919.
Market Rasen Mail 22nd November 1919.
Tablet located on the right hand side of the porch, size 995mm by 840mm.
Surveyed by CJA.
Edit memorial details