All Saints' church bell tower, Inveraray

Submit a new image

Reference WMO262892

Address:

All Saints' Church

The Avenue

Inveraray

PA32 8YX

Scotland

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Within a garden/park/churchyard/enclosure/Marketplace
Description: Other structure/building
Materials:
  • Brick Brick
Lettering: No lettering
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Bell tower, in Gothic revival by Hoare & Wheeler, built 1923-31 as a Memorial to Campbell dead of First World War and previous wars In 1914 the 10th Duke of Argyll, Niall Diarmid Campbell, became the Honorary Colonel of the 8th Battalion of The Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. When the First World War ended he decided that there should be a fitting memorial to commemorate the Clan Campbell dead. To this end he commissioned architects Hoare and Wheeler to design the Bell Tower, the original idea being to link the new tower to the church.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update

View more details

None

None

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required