Strubby War Memorial Chapel

Submit a new image

Reference WMO263086

Address:

St Oswald's

Field Lane

Struby, Alford

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Altar or Communion Rail
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: To provide and place at the east end of the south aisle of the parish church of Strubby, a Side Altar with Riddell Posts, Curtain, Cross and Candlesticks, Vases for flowers, Communion rail, carpet, Litany desk, chair and necessary fittings. To fix on the half pillar of the north side of the proposed side altar (after the dedication ceremony) a brass tablet about twelve inches by about nine inches in size with the following inscription thereon, namely: - “1914 – 1918, To the Glory of God and in memory of the men of this Parish who served in the Great War, this Chapel was dedicated by the Chancellor of Lincoln Cathedral on Quinquagesima Sunday 1932” S. H. Stratton Vicar), W. R. Janney & C. J. Taylor (Churchwardens) Approved at a meeting of the P.C.C. 28th October 1931 The plastic covering is to protect the fabric of the church from bats live in roof. The altar table, as seen in the photograph is clearly not the altar as described in the faculty below:
Edit memorial details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required