Stoke Rochford - Stoke Rochford Parishioners - WW2

Submit a new image

Reference WMO263099

Address:

Saint Andrew and Saint Mary

Village Street

Stoke Rochford, Grantham

NG33 5ED

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Stone Portland stone
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: To provide and place a tablet of Portland Stone about 3’9” by about 1’ 9” [111 x 35 x 2cm] on the west wall Approved at a meeting of the Parochial Church Council 2nd October 1946, Seal affixed 20th November 1946. Faculty Book 20
Edit memorial details

A.D. 1946 IN THANKFULNESS TO ALMIGHTY GOD FOR VICTORY AND FOR LIVES AND HOMES PRESERVED DURING THE SIX YEARS OF WARFARE. THE PARISHIONERS HAVE CAUSEDTHE TOWER OF THIS CHURCH TO BE RESTORED TO FULL STRENGTH AND HERE UPON IN LOVING MEMORY RECORD THE NAMES OF THOSE WHO DIED IN BATTLE.

LIEUT. HERBERT C.C. TANNER, R.N. H.M.S. GRAFTON, DUNKIRK, 1940 LANCE CORPL. JACK ALLEN GOODERHAM THE SUFFOLK REGT., N.W.EUROPE, 1944 SERGT. CHARLES REGINALD PARKIN ROYAL INNISKILLING FUSILIERS, ITALY, 1945.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required