On original site
Attached to a building/structure
Other church fitting
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
Wall mounted horizontal rectangular dark wooden upper section consisting of three panels, the centre one slightly taller than the outer two. Carved decoration of leaf and vine borders upper three sides of both outer panels and centrefield of left panel shows crown of thorns and work tools below, while centrefield of right panel show dove superimposed on cross and wine goblet beneath. Centre panel shows large cross with prayer beneath. The panels rest on undecorated shelf. Beneath shelf is horizontal rectangular box section which is considerably deeper than panels above and which shows carved decoration to front face. To left of face is WW1 start date, to right is WW1 end date and dedication runs between these. Names are below dedication and are surrounded by circle of laurel.
1260mm high x 1040mm wide x 250mm deep, located at the east end of the nave south side.
Edit memorial details