On subsequent site(s)
Attached to a building/structure
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Unveiled December 2nd 1919 Originally erected on the west wall of the main room of the school, and consists of a bronzed oak frame with wings, the centre is a memorial tablet for those old scholars who died, and bears a H.C. enlargement of a fine R.G. picture, "Remembrance", with a brass plate at the foot bearing the boys names; brass plates on the wings carry the names of those who served.
In July 1947 the school was closed and since its future was not certain, the memorial which measures 1460mm (57.5") high and 1105mm (43.5") wide when the wings are open was moved to St. Helens Church and hung on the north wall of the nave, In March 1993, the school having been bought by the Parish Council as a Community Centre, the memorial was returned to its original home
Source: Elisabeth Harwood, Secretary, Stickford Local History Group
Edit memorial details