On original site
Inside a building - public/private
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Carved oak board fastened to wall with two oak battens. The top is surmounted by a carved cresting; in the left corner are the insignia of the Church Lads Brigade; in the right corner is the badge of the King's Royal Rifle Corps. The memorial is divided into two halves. The inscription on the top half is raised and on the lower half incised. The two halves are divided by a batten. The whole memorial is surrounded by a plain raised border decorated intermittently with a variety of flowers and fruit. On the top of the frame are the words "ROLL OF HONOUR" carved and gilded. The commemoration of the top half of the panel is raised and the names of the fallen on the bottom half are incised with white infill. This half is divided by a vertical strip of wood. The carving through out is in gothic script. Badges of Church Lads Brigade and KRRC.
Edit memorial details