Percy House Auxiliary Military Hospital (lost)


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO263542

Address:

Twickenham Road

Isleworth

TW7 6TN

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: Lost/missing
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Unknown
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: The school building and children's department at Brentford Union Workhouse were known as Percy House. During WW1, this building was used as an auxiliary military hospital. The hospital closed at the end of 1918, and in September 1919 this memorial stone was placed in the Percy House chapel. The pin is at the former location of Percy House, which has since been demolished and the area redeveloped with housing.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update

View more details
Report this comment

This building was used from October, 1915, to December, 1918, as a voluntary hospital for soldiers wounded in the great war. 4,989 men were treated within these walls.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required