On original site
Attached to a building/structure
About the memorial:
To provide and place on the South wall of the Nave a Memorial Tablet of Hopton Wood Stone about two feet ten inches by about two feet one and one half inches in size with the following inscription thereon, namely:
The cost of the memorial tablet, faculty and associated cost’s to be borne by the 1st Airborne Squadron.
Approved by the P.C.C. at a meeting held on the 23rd August 1946. Seal affixed 14th July 1947.
Faculty Box 20. 0.84m wide by 0.65m high by 0.05m deep.
The red standard shown in the general arrangement and chapel, has Royal Armoured Corps badge at centre, Recon Corps badge at top right and 'Pegasus' motif at bottom right.
1st Airborne History is 0.24m wide by 0.33m high. Flag laying up (history) is 0.36m wide by 0.28m high. Colour photo of bridge above bugle is 0.25m wide by 0.2m high.
Bugle is 0.43m long, by 0.12m high at mouthpiece and 0.17 at bell.
Dedication is 0.27m wide by 013m high.
This trumpet was presented by Lloyds of London to Captain G E Roberts 1st Airborne (“Recce”) Squadron to be held in All Saints Church, Ruskington to honour our fallen comrades 1939 – 1945 war and deceased members of the O.C.A.
Edit memorial details