St Martin's Church (lost)


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO263949

Address:

Whitton Road

Twickenham

TW1 1BL

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: Destroyed
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Roadside
Description: Chapel/church
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Unknown
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Opened as Whitton Road Church, a mission church of St Mary's, on 30th September 1914. The St Mary's parish magazine of December 1919 announced that the church was to be renamed St Martin's because of its association with the Great War, and in honour of St Martin of Tours. The church closed c.1940 when it was replaced by All Hallows Chertsey Road. The Whitton Road building was used as All Hallows church hall until c.1967, when it was sold for redevelopment. The site is now Cranemead Court flats. All Hallows church has a St Martin's Chapel in honour of the former church.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update

View more details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required