On subsequent site(s)
Attached to a building/structure
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
A very impressive ceremony took place at the afternoon service at St. Matthew’s Chapel, Pode Hole, on Sunday, namely the unveiling and dedication of a Memorial to the Fallen who either belonged to this part of the parish of West Pinchbeck or who had been educated at St Matthew’s School.
The memorial took the form of an oak tablet, beautifully designed by Mr. Wilfred Bond, of Grantham, the diocesan architect, and executed by Messrs. Bowman’s, of Stamford, at a cost of about £20.
The tablet is fixed to the wall on the north side of the apse at the east end of the chapel. The unveiling and dedication was performed by the Vicar (Rev. E. L. Marsden)
Page 12, The Lincolnshire, Boston and Spalding Free Press, 12th April 1921
The chapel no longer exists and the memorial is erected in the "Bromley" Memorial Hall,
Edit memorial details