On original site
Attached to a building/structure
- Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial:
On Sunday at the P.M. Chapel a memorial to the fallen was unveiled by ex-Lieutenant Colonel Kennington. The Revs. E. G. Fisher and C. H. Sheldrake conducted the service. Mr. J. Tutty reading a portion of Scripture. The Colonel gave an appropriate address. The New Holland Silver Band took part. The tablet of Sicilian Marble bore the following inscription: To the sacred memory of the following members Church congregation and Sunday school who gave their lives in defence of honour, home and freedom in the great war, 1914 – 1918: John Henry Adamson, Wm. James Aldridge, Henry Allen, James Austin, Bernard Wilfrid Franklin, Leonard Robt. Franklin, Wilfrid Grassby, Wm. Jacklin, Arthur Kirk, Sidney Marriott, Henry Mablethorpe, James Starkey, Harold Thorndyke, John Wm. Turner and Geo. Thomas Walton. These were the glory of that time, their name liveth for ever.
Lincolnshire Star dated 28th May 1921
Edit memorial details