New Holland Methodist Chapel. Old Scholars


There are no available images for this memorial. Help us by submitting one!

Submit a new image

Reference WMO264175

Address:

Methodist Church

Barrow Road

New Holland

DN19 7RB

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Stone Marble
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: THE VALIANT There was an impressive service at the Wesleyan Chapel, on Sunday, when the unveiling took place of a marble tablet to the memory of eleven men associated with the church who laid down their live in the war, vis: E. Beacock, F. Clayton, C. Doughty, L. Edwards, C. Hicks, S. Fryer, W. Turner, A. Tupling, S. Walker, F. Merrell, and E. Harrison out of the thirty-nine who went to defend their country. The Rev. F. Young presided and the Rev. Brook Hirst took the devotional part of the service. An address was given by the Rev, J. Hughes, an ex-chaplain to the forces. Mr. R. C. Robinson J.P., read the names of those inscribed on the tablet which was unveiled by Lieut. Col. Wilson D.S.O., Barton, under whom many of the men had served in France. The Silver Band under the direction of Mr. Willey played the Dead March and the Last Post. A collection amounting to £2 was devoted to St, Dunstans Home for blind soldiers. Lincolnshire Star dated 31st July 1920 THE VALIANT There was an impressive service at the Wesleyan Chapel, on Sunday, when the unveiling took place of a marble tablet to the memory of eleven men associated with the church who laid down their live in the war, vis: E. Beacock, F. Clayton, C. Doughty, L. Edwards, C. Hicks, S. Fryer, W. Turner, A. Tupling, S. Walker, F. Merrell, and E. Harrison out of the thirty-nine who went to defend their country. The Rev. F. Young presided and the Rev. Brook Hirst took the devotional part of the service. An address was given by the Rev, J. Hughes, an ex-chaplain to the forces. Mr. R. C. Robinson J.P., read the names of those inscribed on the tablet which was unveiled by Lieut. Col. Wilson D.S.O., Barton, under whom many of the men had served in France. The Silver Band under the direction of Mr. Willey played the Dead March and the Last Post. A collection amounting to £2 was devoted to St, Dunstans Home for blind soldiers. Lincolnshire Star dated 31st July 1920 This tablet was removed from the Wesleyan Church on closure, and is now on the North Wall of the Methodist Church, 665 x 590 x 40mm
Edit memorial details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required