On subsequent site(s)
- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
Last Sunday the memorial erected by the Wesleyans of the village to the men who fell in the Great War was unveiled. The memorial takes the form of a cancellated panel let into the wall of the south transept and is made of oak to match the pulpit, communion table and chairs. All the lettering is in gilt. At the base of the panel are the Lincoln Coat of Arms, a laurel wreath and the Lincoln Regimental Badge. The nation emblems are worked also in each corner. The centre bears the inscription "To the Glory of God and in Memory of the Brave Men of this Village who gave their lives for King and Country in the Great War 1914 – 1918. Greater love have no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends" The architect for the memorial was Mr. Cowburn, Peterborough, and the work was carried out by Messes Mailes and Son, Euston Road, London. The memorial service was conducted by the Rev W.H. Evers. Captain Newsum of Lincoln unveiled the memorial.
Lincolnshire Chronicle dated 26th August 1922
Edit memorial details