Comrie War Memorial Inistitute

Submit a new image

Reference WMO264393

Address:

Bridge Street

Dalginoss

Comrie

Scotland

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Roadside
Description: Hall
Materials:
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: Built by R Ewan in 1895 as the Bridgend Temperance Hotel, adapted as Institute after 1st World War. 2-storey and attic with octagonal spired oriel at corner, 3 windows wide at 1st to Bridgend, stone consoled balcony with low wrought-iron parapet, 'WAR MEMORIAL INSTITUTE' in good cast-iron Victorian lettering, broad-eaved slated roof 2-storey back wing with 2 dormer-heads, single-storey office wing. By 2007 the lettering 'War Memorial Institute had been removed' but there is an un-mentioned tablet on the gable wall . reading IN/MEMORIAM/1914/1918 This, and the war memorial (our reference 44759) were two parts of the overall memorial scheme. (c IWM Register) Recently sold and now used as an outdoor activities centre.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update

View more details

Lettering (NOW LOST)- WAR MEMORIAL INSTITUTE Tablet on Gable Wall-IN/MEMORIAM/1914/1918

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required