Louth District Methodists

Submit a new image

Reference WMO264471

Address:

Louth Methodist Church

2 Nichol Hill

Louth

LN11 9NQ

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Materials:
  • Metal Brass
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial: There was an impressive ceremony at the Louth United Methodist Church on Sunday evening, when Lieut. Harold Hall unveiled a handsome memorial to thirty-three men of the Louth United Methodist Circuit who fell in the war. The memorial, which is placed on the wall facing the pulpit, consists of a handsome brass plate, mounted on oak and surmounted by an angel in ormolu, carved representations of angels also being placed as supporting plinths at the side. The memorial was designed and supplied by Mr. Leonard Hall, and does great credit to his taste. Unveiled March 1921
Edit memorial details

“To the Immortal Memory of the Men Who Fell in the Great War, 1914 – 1918.” Louth: F. A. Barber, W. Barnard, F. Cook, W. O. Francis, F. Hutchinson, L. Jackson, H. Jeffries, S. Jeffries, W. Kirkby, E. Paddison, H. Saunderson, W. Smith, J. Snowdon, E. Sutton, J. Taylor, A. Tomkinson. Fotherby: R. Bywater, W. Drewery. Goulceby: W. Smith. Sotby: J. Scott. Grimoldby: H. Smith. Stewton: F. Goddard. Tathwell: G. Janney, E. Smith, W. Smith. Utterby: A. F. Blakelock. Yarburgh: W. Bradock, H. Hewson, J. Larder, B. Smith, G. Smith.

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required