Lincoln - Mission Church of the Holy Rood

Submit a new image

Reference WMO265040

Address:

ex Vernon Street

Lincoln

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On subsequent site(s)
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Inside a building - public/private
Description: Board/Plaque/ Tablet
Conflicts:
  • 10th Century Wars
About the memorial: Unveiled by Lieut.-Col. W. H. B. Brook May 1920. The Mission Church of the Holy Rood was sited on Vernon Street, Lincoln, it became redundant and was used as St Peter's Church Hall. This was sold and demolished and replaced by housing in the late 1970's. The memorial is now in storage in the basement of St Peter at Gowts, High Street, Lincoln. Stone tablet with incised inscription decorated with four incised crosses. The list of names appears in two columns. The top of the tablet is arched and shaped. It has sustained some damage from being removed from its original location and being placed in storage.
Edit memorial details

In honoured memory of the Men of the Mission Church of the Holy Rood, Lincoln who fell in the Great War 1914-1919 [names] Greater Love hath no man than this that a man lay down his life for his friends.

W G Barr/ W Burgwin/ L B Duckles/ A Ferrier/ W Goodlad/ F Holloway/ G Holloway/ C Linnell/ P. Linnell/ W Lister/ L A W. MacBrair/ W. Millington/ G. Richardson/ A K Taylor

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required