About the memorial:
By 1949 the war damage was repaired, and plans made for a new school (opened in 1953 on a new site). In the 1950s a hall was acquired in Anglesea Road. During the 1970s, several changes were made: the baptistery was turned into a repository, the font was moved to the sanctuary, the altar rails were removed (some sections were given to St Joseph’s, Shooter’s Hill, others were used for St Theresa’s shrine), the pulpit and sounding board were removed, as was the screen to the Lady Chapel. A war memorial built by Fr James O’ Leary after the First World War was dismantled because of its dangerous condition.
Edit memorial details