- First World War (1914-1918)
About the memorial:
The RC Chapel, Brigg existed between 1874 x 1966, and was a converted stable owned by the Elwes family of the Manor House, Brigg. It's location is now covered by an extension to the house of 5, Manor House Convent, Bigby Street, Brigg.
The memorial was in the form of a black cross (possibly marble) of approximately 6 feet (1.83m) in height on a small stone base, there was a white (material unknown) figure of a crucified Christ attached. Above the memorial was a small V shaped roof, which afforded weather protection, the V pointed upwards. The memorial was to the immediate right (looking from the street toward the chapel) of the chapel main doors
Edit memorial details