Caythorpe, Lincolnshire - Arnhem Aisle Tablet& Carpet

Submit a new image

Reference WMO266197

Address:

St Vincent's Church,

64 High St

Caythorpe Grantham

NG32 3DN

England

Open large map
Edit memorial name, location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Non freestanding
Location: Internal
Setting: Attached to a building/structure
Description: Other church fitting
Materials:
  • Metal Brass
  • Other Fabric
  • Timber Oak
Conflicts:
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: Brass tablet 24 x 39cm with incised black lettering. Carpet measuring 17.25m x 91cm.
Edit memorial details

On September 15 1974 the North Aisle was named the Arnhem Aisle and dedicated by the Lord Bishop of Grantham To the memory of the men of the First Airborne Divisional Signals Who billeted in the Parish and neighbourhood before flying to Holland in their valiant attempt to establish a bridgehead over The Rhine at Arnhem September 17 – 26 1944

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required