Blackmoor

Submit a new image

Reference WMO76597

Address:

Between St Matthew's Church and Old School

Selborne

Blackmoor

Near Liss

GU33

England

Open large map
Edit memorial location & address
Status: On original site
Type: Freestanding
Location: External
Setting: Roadside
Description: Colonnade/cloister
Materials:
  • Metal Metal (any)
  • Stone Stone (any)
Lettering: Inscribed on a plaque
Conflicts:
  • First World War (1914-1918)
  • Second World War (1939-1945)
About the memorial: The war memorial is a cloister with a fountain, a garden and a cross. The three sided arcade is made of a timber frame with the outer supports resting on a Bargate stone wall. The roof is of Horsham slab and slate and the floor has a brick base. The inside of the arcade has a fountain and six copper-alloy inscribed plaques are attached to the inside wall. The arcade is open on the south side and within the arms of the cloister is a war memorial garden, with a cross on a plinth in the centre of the lawn and a paved walkway around the edge. The war memorial is Grade II listed.
Edit memorial details
Report this condition update
View more details

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Information Required

Grade II (England)

1174603

Information Required

Information Required